Adaptive technology offers a wide range of helpful uses for those in need of assistance. Here's a quick overview of some of the ways adaptive technology helps:
- Physical disability assistance.
- Hearing disability assistance.
- Computer or electrical assistance to help people who have experienced brain injury.
- Assistance in the classroom (automatic page turners, pencil grip holders, and book holders).
- Software for voice recognition, screen reading, and dictation.
"People with physical disabilities that affect movement can use mobility aids, such as wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, canes, crutches, prosthetic devices, and orthodontic devices, to enhance their mobility."